- Administrators and data scientists will enjoy a simplified user experience. This abstracts the AWS-specific infrastructure, allowing them to focus on their Big Data needs.
- AWS Onboarding is faster for multiple teams and Big Data workloads. This eliminates the need for DevOps expertise, and reduces the cost and time involved.
- Self-service clusters on Amazon EC2 for Spark and Hadoop, Kafka and Cassandra offer greater flexibility and agility.
- Reduced AWS costs by using fine-grained resource limits, start/stop controls, cost reporting in multi-tenant environments.
- Pre-built cluster integrations to Amazon S3 allow for faster time to insights and in-place analysis against on-premises data.
- Integrating Amazon VPC (including site to-site VPN), Active Directory and Kerberos for authentication, improves data governance
“BlueData is also a BDaaS solution that allows data analysts, developers, and data scientists to work with their data frameworks, including Spark standalone; Hadoop distributions form Cloudera, Hortonworks and MapR; other data frameworks such as Kafka, Cassandra, Jupyter, Zeppelin notebooks, Python and R libraries; and other data science tools and analytics tools,” the company stated in today’s statement.